< comics/x >
MUMBEAUX GUMBO COMIX ASSORTMENT
(Caesar Meadows / Jigsaw Junction / 108 West 6th St. / Reserve, LA / 70084 USA. Web:
www.geocities.com/jigsawjct)
Caesar Meadows sent a handful of his tiny comics, all of which are worth checking out. Caesar, as you may know, is very much into the packaging aspect and dreams of seeing micro-comics available everywhere. The most interesting packaging in the batch I've recently received are the
Mumbeaux Gumbo Micro-Comic Bot (four micro-comics with color covers that come inside of a full-color paper robot; it's a thing of beauty) and the
Mumbeaux Gumbo Micro-Comic Set (six micros inside a tv set with legs and everything). Also received:
Mumbeaux Gumbo Nano-Comic (an incredibly tiny – 3/4" tall – comic in its own color package),
The Magic Panties (a comic in the shape and guise of – yes, you guessed it),
Mumbeaux Gumbo Comix Six-Pack,
Mumbeaux Gumbo #2 (32 pages of comix with color covers) and a couple of tiny comics that, I believe, were given away during Mardi Gras.
All of the work in these is by Caesar himself and it's fun stuff. If you've not seen his comix, I might suggest similarities to Tim Kelly or maybe even Josh Simmons in his goofier moments. It's pretty silly stuff, but obviously a labor of love. I like his cartoony style a lot and find these cool little comix inspiring. Even if you don't order anything I highly recommend going to his website and at least taking a look at the photos of his original package designs. One day you'll see
Mumbeaux Gumbo micro-comics in vending machines everywhere and you'll be sorry you didn't listen to me "back in the day".
-------------------------------------------
[ Link to this item ]