< resource >
ZINE WORLD #18
($4.00 from Jerianne / PO Box 330156 / Murfreesboro, TN / 37133-0156 USA. Web:
www.undergroundpress.org)
I think it's safe to say that
Zine World is currently the closest thing we have to what
Factsheet 5 was in its mid-'90s heyday. I don't know how many zines are reviewed in this issue, but it's a
lot. They review underground and alternative publications (very few UPCs, ISBNs or ISSNs) in an A-Z fashion (I'd like to see categories, but I can live without them). There's so much stuff in here, in fact, that I can easily see how putting it all together must be a major headache, so I encourage you to send your support. In addition to hundreds of reviews, there's also a really good news section (Patriot Act, censorship in schools, obscenity bust, etc.), a healthy letters section, various articles and more, all under a striking apocalyptic 2-color cover by Bobby Tran Dale (
Homoeroticon). This issue also comes with a 12-page supplement with still more information. Highly recommended.
-------------------------------------------
[ Link to this item ]