< comics/x >
TWO TONE CAT
($2.95 from
Jeffrey Kane / 58 Polo Rd. / Great Neck, NY / 11023 USA or
Jamie Craw / 1217 Westwood Dr., Apt. 1215 / Rosenberg, TX / 77471 USA.)
I'm not quite sure what to make of this comic. It's written by Jeff Kane and drawn by Jamie Craw and features two stories that are linked to one another. Kane seems to have a whole universe of characters that I've never quite gotten a grasp on (remember his
Aidsner Sanders comics?). The stylized art is a bit cluttered, but good. I especially like Craw's character designs and title lettering. The stories are about characters like a psychotic turkey who wants to be a holiday icon, a nitrous-selling-dentist-turned-detective, an AIDS-inflicted cat, an abusive Puerto Rican alcoholic, a
Macgyver-obsessed rat and so on. It's crazy stuff and not for the faint of heart.
[ Link to this item ]