< zine:personal >
CHICKENHED ZINE AND ROLL #5
($2.00, stamps or trade from Josher / PO Box 330 / Richmond, VA / 23218 USA.
E-mail)
I really enjoyed this. Although I'd call it a perzine,
CZAR is a collection of autobiographical stories rather than journal entries, favorites list and whatnot. Josh is a hardcore-minded punk who writes from the heart – and writes well, too. He relates tales of drunkeness (you've seen it, I know, but these are good), being mistaken for a prostitute, how he helped lower the working standard by making use of the union and a car crash (this is my favorite story and it's not really about a car crash). One of the stories he tells – the history of his band – is told completely in "Hell-ku", a bastardized form of haiku that adheres to a 6-6-6 syllabic pattern. This is a good read and probably one of the best perzines I've seen.
[ Link to this item ]