< zine >
SCIENTIFIC DINOSAUR #2, May 2003
(free from Uranium Thousand Dollar Bill Press / 120 Wooster St. / New Haven, CT / Unit W / 06510 USA. Web:
www.scientificdinosaur.net)
Review by Louis Fowler of Damaged
Magazine
Basically an anti-prison art pamphlet,
SD starts off really interesting, with an article about what to prepare for and how to deal with your upcoming prison sentence. Unfortunately, it finishes too soon and, on top of that, it's only part one so you have to wait until next issue, which in the zine world, is always indefinite. I would've liked this opening article to be much longer, or hell, even if it was the whole zine, but unfortunately, this is where the kudos stops. The rest of
SD is whiny, feel-sorry-for-me bullshit. Yes, this guy is in prison, yes, mandatory prison sentences can be bad, but jeez, do we need a whole zine about it, with articles that reiterate the same thing over again from all the guy's buddies? Yes, I guess so. The zine finishes up with some nice artwork, but other than that, there's not much else to recommend. But, it's free, so what the hell. [
Editor's note: The zine is free locally, I know, but I'm not certain what the cost may be for mail orders.]
[ Link to this item ]