< zine:pop culture >
BETTY PAGINATED #25
($2.00/£1 – + post, I'd imagine – from Dann Lennard / PO Box A1412 / Sydney South, NSW / 1235 / AUSTRALIA.
E-mail)
This seedy zine from Australia covers all sorts of lowbrow pop culture, but especially wrasslin' (I'm sorry,
wrestling) and anything having to do with naked chicks. Some of this issue's features include porn star obituaries, naughty pics of an Australian
Temptation Island star, a look at the banning of French film
Baise Moi, nudie Aussie
Big Brother pics, Rockbitch, Bettie Page (of course), a great four-page comic about metal music by Glenn Smith, several pages of interesting reviews (all sorts of items, including snacks!) and a whole bunch of stuff about wrestling (both international and Australian). Seeing as how I don't even know the difference between "heel" and "babyface", the wrestling articles don't do much for me, but they're full of passion and other fans would no doubt dig it. It's a fun zine, though, and there's plenty of non-wrasslin' content to enjoy.
[ Link to this item ]