< comics/x >
MINER DISTRACTIONS #1
($2.00 from Jeffery J. Manley / 1092 E. US 10 / Scottville, MI / 49454 USA.
E-mail)
This comic by Jeffery Manley is a sitcom-y kind of thing starring a couple (based on him and his wife, I believe), a man-bat and a sentient kiwi (the fruit, not the bird). The premise of this first issue's story is that the title character is continually perturbed by the neighborhood dog he believes is leaving little brown gifts outside their front door. He gets angrier and angrier, supporting characters are introduced and I can almost hear the canned laughter, but unfortunately, there's not much of a payoff in the end. I will say, however, that I appreciated the rather large and well-drawn turd in the centerspread (no, seriously). Also, the title of the guest celebrity page in the back made me laugh out loud.
[ Link to this item ]