< zine:personal >
MR. PEEBODY'S SOILED TROUSERS AND OTHER DELIGHTS #18
($2.00 from Jay / PO Box 931333 / Los Angeles, CA / 90093 USA)
Jay is a "short, flabby white dude" who, in his late 20s, moved from New England to Hollywood with his girlfriend (Cherry of
Idiosyncrasy). And this zine's about his adventures there. When I lived in San Diego for a few years, I sometimes wished I was in LA instead, because that's where everything in Southern California really happens. I think I'd probably hate living in LA, but I envy Jay just the same. Anyway, in this issue he writes about his daily life – work, filmmaking, celebrity-spotting, that sort of thing. Oh, and lots of football (this issue covers December 2001 to May 2002).
Mr. Peebody's is a pretty good read for nosey voyeurs like myself and this issue made me laugh out loud at least a couple of times. Jay says this issue marks the end of the daily diary treatment, though, and future issues will take a "less self-centered approach". I'm betting it's going to be worth checking out.
[ Link to this item ]