< zine:personal >
SEMI-BOLD #9
($2.00 ppd from Kathy Moseley / 1573 N. Milwaukee Ave., #403 / Chicago, IL / 60622 USA.
E-mail)
This is the first issue of
Semi-Bold that I'd read, but now I'm hooked. I haven't read that many perzines lately, so it was great to dig into this one. Kathy's memory must be great because these excerpts from her life are rich with clear details. In other words, she knows how to tell a story. In this issue she talks about breaking her elbow (my pain tolerance is low, so my sympathy for her is great), unexpected kittens (born of a stray she took in), her trip to California and a scary night when the cops showed up across the street. These stories are fun to read and I really like how most of them tie in to one another. Add to that a couple pages of reviews, a clean, attractive layout (with lots of great photos) and a cover by Delaine and you've got one nice package.
[ Link to this item ]