< comics/x >
SMUT PEDDLER
($5.00 from Sean Bieri / 12033 Lumpkin / Hamtramck, MI / 48212 USA.
Age Statement Required. Sean's
e-mail.
Smut Peddler website:
http://www.outsidecomics.com/sauce/index.html)
As you may have guessed,
Smut Peddler is an anthology of sex comics. Its 52 pages contain a pretty diverse selection (in 13 stories) of approaches, styles and kinks. As I see it, there are two standout stories in this collection. The first is "Grazie" by Carla Speed McNeil, which begins with hot sex but really gets going when the characters start an actual conversation. The second standout is Sean Bieri's "When You Leave the Room", which is low-key and sweet and manages to be engaging even though there's no nudity until the last panel (c'mon, I had to say it; it's a
sex book!). In my opinion, these two are the best-looking pieces in the book, but they're also well-written and I like 'em because they each present persuasive – and quite different – arguments for what's so great about sex. Other stories I quite enjoyed are by David Stanley and Vince Sneed & John Peters. But, hey, that's not all. There's lots more by Neil Kleid, J. Kevin Carrier & Karen O'Donnell, Layla Lawlor, mpMann and others.
Smut Peddler, by the way, was produced co-op style. So, while Bieri's contact info is above (he sent the review copy), I believe you can also get from the other contributors, perhaps from their websites or at conventions and such.
[ Link to this item ]