< comics/x >
ATTIC WIT #5
($3.00 from Matt Dembicki / 3148 Hartwick Ln. / Fairfax, VA / 22031 USA. Web:
www.waspcomics.com)
Like the recently reviewed
Warburger, this issue of
Attic Wit is an anthology centered on the theme of war. There's quite a mix of talent and approaches in this two-volume set. I believe my favorite story is one by editor Matt Dembicki in which he recounts a harrowing experience suffered by his father's family in World War II Poland. He demonizes the German soldiers in such a striking way yet they still retain their humanity. Dembicki also contributes another interesting piece about World War I troops on a particular battlefield taking a Christmas Day break from the war. Two others I like quite a lot are a chilling two-pager by Marcel Herms and James V. West's chat with a WWII vet. Other contributors are Colin Upton (the first installment of his Iraq invasion diary), Pazura (with a really great illustration), Stuart Sparks (a piece on East Timor), Rafer Roberts, Marian Mirescu and Mike Hall.
[ Readers in the Austin area can find
Attic Wit at
Funny Papers. ]
[ Link to this item ]