< comics/x >
AMAZING ADULT FANTASY #24 & 25
(Tim Doyle / 924 E. 40th, #106 / Austin, TX / 78751 USA.
E-mail)
When I reviewed issue 23 I goofed because I thought it was the last regular issue. As it turns out the
next issue, #24, is the last regular issue.
AAF is the diary comic that Tim Doyle has published monthly for the past two years. Tim writes about work (in a comic shop), his relationships, movies, all that sort of thing – basically, it's a brief look at his daily life. It's always a fun read but now it's come to an end with #24. Issue 25 is a giant-sized tribute issue comprised of contributions by Tim's readers, fans and friends. Lots of love, comics and drawings by Wayne Allen Brenner, Rob Poliuka, David Lamplugh, Alan Reynoso, Tod Parkhill and many others. There's also the unedited version of a Q&A Tim did a while back for
Sequential Tart and – yikes! – a nude drawing of the author. I've enjoyed
Amazing Adult Fantasy and I'm sorry to see it go. I'm not positive that these individual issues are still available, but there are three or four collections of the series, so e-mail Tim for details.
[ Those in the Austin area can find
Amazing Adult Fantasy at
Funny Papers. ]
[ Link to this item ]